Monday, April 5, 2010

in between

While the spring air here is nostalgically reminding me of the spring air above Puerto Montt at Camping Anderson, a spot I stumbled across through the recommendation of a traveling friend which was absolutely gorgeous, perched above the bay, with the clearest air and a view of three volcanoes, I am still in Maryland and still looking for a job.

Yesterday, I saw a posting for a managerial position in Akron, Pennsylvania, and couldn't help but think only about the Office, picturing myself in an awkward small town with a delusional boss and absurd co-workers. Which might happen anywhere, but at least in DC or New York I could escape to an even more dysfunctional urban environment.

I swing between wonderfully optimistic at all the possibilities that Idealist.org and LionShare display so tantalizingly, to terribly depressed that I have to submit my entire life on a piece of ivory-colored (eco-friendly, ancient forest friendly, 100% recycled and recyclable, will actually produce more trees, magically) resume paper to random strangers who will determine my professional fate. So, it's been good to discover all the cool gardens and people talking about food access, but I just want someone to call me back already.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jammy, don't give up! I still think that everything happens for a reason! If you're not doing anything then write write write. I want to read more!

    I'm free Tuesdays! Call me! Or better yet I can call you :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. stick with it, you'll get it yet.

    in the meantime ... come hang out with us more!

    ReplyDelete