Sunday, March 21, 2010

más imágenes

Chiloé, home of bruhas (witches), lots of rain, and myself for a month and a half--though I lived in Ancud, about an hour north of Castro, shown below (also from Dan and Clare):



This photo I stole from Gisselle, my roommate in Valpo last fall; it's from the beach in the Chiloé national park, where I felt like I had reached the edge of the world.



When I was sitting on the side of a gravel road in a small drizzle, a red truck picked me up on the way to Coyhaique. I ended up spending the whole day with Magdalena (what a name!), who actually knew my host in Coyhaique, her niece Daniela, and their friend Mimi. These photos are from Dani, and don't even begin to capture the enormity of Patagonian nature.





My exit from the Aisén region was a prolonged one--my journey on a boat was beautiful but ridiculously long. Fjords, etc., were pretty cool--something about mountains in mist gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment